CloudCompare is an open source tool for working with 3D point clouds and meshes. I help make the macOS versions more Mac-like by bundling CloudCompare and ccViewer into proper applications and providing Mac-specific fixes.
The current versions of CloudCompare and ccViewer require Mac OS X 10.10+. For Mac OS X 10.9, please use version 2.6.1.
Windows and Linux versions may be found on the main CloudCompare site.
You can support the macOS CloudCompare project by using the Amazon affiliate links on this site (the “I Read This!” section on the left) whenever you shop at Amazon, or by donating through Pledgie.
The macOS CloudCompare build includes the following plugins:
- Animation (record movies) [as of v2.7.0]
- Broom (clean surfaces) [as of v2.8.0]
- Compass [as of v2.9.0] new
- CSF (cloth simulation filtering) [as of v2.8.0]
- Facets (extract planar facets) [as of v2.7.0]
- HoughNormals (normal estimation for unstructured point clouds) [as of v2.8.0]
- HPR (Hidden Points Removal)
- HM3C2 (multiscale model-to-model cloud comparison) [as of v2.8.0]
- PCV (ambient occlusion for mesh or point cloud)
- Poisson (surface mesh reconstruction for closed surfaces)
- SRA (Surface of Revolution Analysis – comparison between a point cloud and a surface of revolution)
Both CloudCompare and ccViewer include support for the following optional file formats:
- CSV Matrix I/O file format (*.csv) [as of v2.7.0]
- Drawing Exchange Format (*.dxf)
- Geospatial Data Abstraction Library (GDAL) raster formats
- PDMS Format (*.pdms *.pdmsmac *.mac) [as of v2.9.0] new
- Photoscan (*.psz) [as of v2.8.0]
- LIDAR point cloud (*.las, *.laz)
and these OpenGL shader filters:
- EDL (Eye Dome Lighting)
- SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)