CloudCompare is an open source tool for working with 3D point clouds and meshes. I help make the Mac OS X versions more Mac-like by bundling CloudCompare and ccViewer into proper applications.
The current versions of CloudCompare.app and ccViewer.app require Mac OS X 10.9+ (64-bit Intel).
Please report any problems through the github interface.
Note: There have been some problems reported when using a High DPI display (“retina display” in Apple-speak). None of the developers have a High DPI display, so developing and debugging those issues is not really possible for us at this time. If you have such a display (or a Mac with one) you can donate to the project, please get in touch with me. Alternatively if you can fix the code and submit a pull request via the github interface that would be most welcome.
The CloudCompare build includes the following plugins:
- Animation (record movies) [as of v2.7.0]
- Facets (extract planar facets) [as of v2.7.0]
- HPR (Hidden Points Removal)
- PCV (ambient occlusion for mesh or point cloud)
- Poisson (surface mesh reconstruction for closed surfaces) [as of v2.5.2]
- SRA (Surface of Revolution Analysis – comparison between a point cloud and a surface of revolution) [as of v2.5.2]
Both CloudCompare and ccViewer include support for the following optional file formats:
- CSV Matrix I/O file format (*.csv) [as of v2.7.0]
- Drawing Exchange Format (*.dxf) [as of v2.5.1]
- Geospatial Data Abstraction Library (GDAL) raster formats [as of v2.5.4]
- LIDAR point cloud (*.las, *.laz)
and these OpenGL shader filters:
- EDL (Eye Dome Lighting)
- SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)
As of version 2.6.1, these builds require Mac OS X 10.9+ (64-bit Intel). For Mac OS X 10.6, please use version 2.5.4 or earlier. For Mac OS X 10.7 & 10.8, please use version 2.6.0 or earlier.