CloudCompare is an open source tool for working with 3D point clouds and meshes. I release and support the macOS versions.
The current versions of CloudCompare and ccViewer require Mac OS X 10.12+. For Mac OS X 10.10-10.11, please use version 2.9.1. For Mac OS X 10.9, please use version 2.6.1.
I have put up a release candidate version of 2.11 for testing which requires macOS 10.12+. This version includes a year’s worth of updates, changes, and fixes.
Windows and Linux versions may be found on the main CloudCompare site.
You can support the macOS CloudCompare project by using the Amazon affiliate links on this site (the “I Read This!” section on the left) whenever you shop at Amazon, or through donorbox.
The macOS CloudCompare build includes the following plugins:
- Animation (record movies) [as of v2.7]
- Broom (clean surfaces) [as of v2.8]
- CANUPO (automatic point cloud classification) [as of 2.10] new
- Compass (structural geology toolbox) [as of v2.9]
- CSF (cloth simulation filtering) [as of v2.8]
- Facets (extract planar facets) [as of v2.7]
- HoughNormals (normal estimation for unstructured point clouds) [as of v2.8]
- HPR (Hidden Points Removal)
- HM3C2 (multiscale model-to-model cloud comparison) [as of v2.8]
- PCV (ambient occlusion for mesh or point cloud)
- Poisson (surface mesh reconstruction for closed surfaces)
- SRA (surface of revolution analysis)
Both CloudCompare and ccViewer include support for the following optional file formats:
- CSV Matrix I/O file format (*.csv) [as of v2.7]
- E57 format (*.e57) [as of v2.10] new
- Drawing Exchange Format (*.dxf)
- Geospatial Data Abstraction Library (GDAL) raster formats
- PDMS Format (*.pdms *.pdmsmac *.mac) [as of v2.9]
- Photoscan (*.psz) [as of v2.8.0]
- LIDAR point cloud (*.las, *.laz) (LAS format <= 1.3)
and these OpenGL shader filters:
- EDL (Eye Dome Lighting)
- SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)